Saturday, January 30, 2016

Book Blogger Hop January 29th - February 4th: Jeppe Carlsen Created a Video Game Named "140"

Book Blogger Hop

Jen at Crazy for Books restarted her weekly Book Blogger Hop to help book bloggers connect with one another, but then couldn't continue, so she handed the hosting responsibilities off to Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. The only requirements to participate in the Hop are to write and link a post answering the weekly question and then visit other blogs that are also participating to see if you like their blog and would like to follow them.

This week Billy asks: Can you pass by a book store without stopping in?

It really depends upon the kind of book store we are talking about.

For a regular book store like Books-a-Million or Barnes & Noble, unless I'm looking for a specific new release, I'm probably not going to just stop by and browse. Even then, I'm generally likely to skip shopping for new books at a book store in favor of waiting until I am at a convention and can make my purchases from the book sellers in the dealer's hall.

Used book stores, on the other hand, are essentially unskippable for me. If I am in the vicinity of a used book store, it is virtually guaranteed that I will swing by and see what they have on the shelves. Half of the fun is wandering through the disorganized piles of books and combing through the shelves, looking to find just the right books to add to my collection and my ever-growing Mount To-Be-Read, and I pretty much never voluntarily pass up an opportunity to do so.

Previous Book Blogger Hop: Hadrian's Tomb Was Completed in 139 A.D.
Subsequent Book Blogger Hop: 141 Is a Blum Integer

Book Blogger Hop     Home

No comments:

Post a Comment